Barbecue can be risky to health

Fitness

How not love barbecued chicken? Be careful as eating food cooked on grills cleaned with wire-bristle brushes can prove to be dangerous to health, warns a new research.

Loose bristles can fall off the brush during cleaning and end up in the grilled food, if consumed, can lead to injuries in the mouth, throat and tonsils.

The most common injuries were found in patients’ oral cavities, throats and tonsils, with some injuries requiring surgery.

David Chang, associate professor of otolaryngology at the US Missouri University, said, “If the bristle passes through those regions without lodging itself, it could get stuck further downstream in places like the oesophagus, stomach or the intestine. It can get stuck in the wall of the intestine, causing further internal damage”.

Please follow and like us:

Leave a Reply